The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is designed to prepare students for research careers in academia and industry.
There is a minimum residency requirement at KAUST of three and a half years for students entering with a bachelor’s degree and two and a half years for students entering with a master’s degree. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved to graduate. Individual courses require a minimum of a B- for course credit.
The Ph.D. degree includes the following steps:
- Securing a Dissertation Advisor
- Successful completion of program coursework
- Passing the Qualifying Examination
- Passing the Dissertation Proposal Defense to obtain candidacy status
- Preparing, submitting and successfully defending a Doctoral dissertation